Cliffs of Moher – Doolin to Liscannor Unique Walking Day Tour
Travel in style from Dublin, directly to Ireland’s most impressive natural attraction on our Cliffs of Moher Shuttle Bus Day Tour.
Our unique walking day tour - which starts at Doolin and finishes at Liscannor is approximately 15km , and is the Ultimate Cliffs of Moher Shuttle tour ticket for walking enthusiasts. Priced at only €29.
Stretching for over 8km along Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, the Cliffs of Moher are one of the most impressive sites you’ll ever see. These magnificent cliffs are on the southwestern edge of the Burren region in Co Clare Ireland and vary in height (120m above the Atlantic ocean near the Hag's head and rising to 214m eight km to the north at the midpoint where O`Brien`s tower stands)
Unlike other tours that make you spend time at visitor centers, we get straight into the action and keep you outdoors!!!!
The walk starts in Doolin village, where you are free to grab yourself a traditional Irish meal before setting of on your journey to Liscannor.
The first half of the journey is 7km which you should allow yourself at least 2 hours for to reach the halfway point at O`Brien's tower (built in 1835 by Cornelius O`Brien).
As per our very own drone video above, you are departing Doolin village and as you stroll over the bridge at O'Connors famous pub, you reach a gate leading on to the start of the cliff walk. All of this is sign posted so you will not get lost along your journey. From here you take the trail along the cliff taking in the wonderful views of the Atlantic Ocean and far out in the distance are the Aran Islands and the 12 pins mountain range to the north. At the early stage of the walk, if you look up to your left, your will see the wonderful Doonagore castle which you can also see on the drone video. This beautiful castle is still occupied.
Along the way you will come across ruins of old cottages and some lovely old stone bridges which keep your eyes busy all the time.
Soon you will start to see O`Brien's tower high up on the cliffs, and the closer you get the higher the cliffs themselves become.
On entering the area of the tower you will see some amazing views. The cliff faces themselves have a lovely green moss growing on them which is beautiful when the sun is shining on it.
The tower is open to visitors and there is a short few steps up to the top which gives you 360 degree views of the cliffs and you can look down to the visitor center from there.
Treat yourself to some well deserved refreshments here before carrying on along the cliff trail towards "Hag's head", and then eventually on to Liscannor (where the famous Liscannor stone comes from) which is approx 6 km - so you should allow yourself at least 1.5 / 2hrs to arrive there.
At the end of the walk / Hag's head , is a tower ruin known as Moher Tower. This tower marks the end of the cliff walk where we suggest you take a moment to reflect!
You will have now spent your day traversing 15km along Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, taking advantage of once in a lifetime photo opportunities as you get back on the bus from the carpark at Liscannor
- Price: €29 / €25 Concession
- Meeting Point: College Green Tourist Office, 37 College Green, Dublin
- Departs: Dublin Fri, Sat, and Sunday at 7 am
- Finish Location: Same as start - arrive back in Dublin at Approx 8.30pm
- Arrive in Doolin at approximately 10.30am where you depart the bus
- Allow at least 4 hrs to complete the walk - this is NOT including time spent with refreshments - Get back on the bus at Liscannor carpark at 4.30pm Sharp
- Departs Liscannor at 4.30 pm and arrive back in Dublin at approx 8.30pm
- Bring: food, drink, snacks - leave no trace - there are several bins and seated areas along the track for you to rest /picnic but do not litter
- Equip yourself for walking. Weather conditions can be quick to change & inhospitable all year round. Stay to the waymarked trail
- Make sure your driver has the names and phone numbers of everyone in your group. In an Emergency: call 999 or 101
The walk/tour is taken at the customer's own risk. Hidden Dublin Walks accepts no responsibility for personal injury, theft or harm of any nature, ON ANY PART OF THE TOUR OR AT ANY LOCATION, and reserves the right at all times to refuse admission, change, or cancel an event. By attending the events, you confirm that you are of suitable mental and physical health. By booking, you agree to the Terms of service and policy.