Whale Watching and Golden Circle Tour
Your trip starts with a whale watching tour from Reykjavik, where you’ll get a chance to see whales and dolphins in their natural environment just out from Reykjavik on Faxaflói Bay.
Rich Birdlife of Faxaflói Bay
The bird life of Faxaflói Bay is rich and diverse all year round. Largest flocks are seen in late winter, when Capelin migrates to the area, drawing in thousands of birds and whales to gorge on this life-giving nourishment.
Whales of Iceland Exhibition
After whale watching, you can visit the "Whales of Iceland Exhibition" which is the largest exhibition of its kind in Europe, featuring around twenty-five life-size specimen of whales that live in the waters around Iceland.
Golden Circle Tour
Following whale watching you'll head out on the Golden circle tour that covers Iceland's biggest natural attractions, including Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall, and Geysir geothermal area.
Þingvellir National Park
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Þingvellir National Park, is one of the most significant places in Iceland in terms of nature and history. It is the birthplace of the Icelandic Viking age Parliament Alþingi (930 AD), where laws were made and medieval justice carried out.
Þingvellir is home to lake Þingvallavatn, Iceland's largest natural lake, and is the place where the tectonic plates of America and Eurasia meet and drift apart.
Gullfoss waterfall is one of the most popular natural attractions of the Golden Circle trip. Standing next to the double cascade waterfall as it thunders down into the narrow Hvítárgljufur canyon is an unforgettable experience.
Geysir Hot Spring Area
At Geysir geothermal area, one of the highlights is the hot spring Strokkur that erupts with scalding water every 5 minutes.
- See whales and dolphins in their natural habitat
- Observe the rich bird life of Faxaflói Bay
- Enjoy nature and history of Þingvellir National Park
- Experience the power and beauty of Gullfoss waterfall
- Stand next to an erupting hot spring at Geysir geothermal area
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 7 - 15 pay a reduced rate
- Children from the age of 0 - 6 are free of charge
- This tour operates from February to November
- Pick-up servicePick up from your centrally located accommodation in Reykjavik
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round-trip transportation
- Whale watching tour from Reykjavik
- Golden circle tour
- Professional tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Please note: after the tour, passengers are dropped off at either their pick-up point or the closest possible point.
- Shuttles pick up passengers 45 min. before the scheduled tour departure time.
- In the unlikely event that no whales or dolphins are seen during your tour, you will receive a complimentary ticket to join the tour another time for free