Westman Islands Natural History Bus Tour
The 15 islands that make up the Westman Islands archipelago, or Vestmannaeyjar in Icelandic, have been formed by volcanic eruptions over the past 12,000 years, and are quite young in geological terms.
Dotted with volcanic craters, lined by jagged sea cliffs, and home to world-class restaurants, the main island of Heimaey is a unique place to visit with a variety of activities to choose from.
This bus tour takes you on a trip to discover the one inhabited island of the Westman Islands.
Sitting on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, they are home to a unique landscape made up of volcanoes, lava, and windswept cliffs.
Along the way, you will learn about the volcanic eruptions that formed this small island, see the ruins of the first settler, stand in the windiest place in Europe and explore the small town of 4,500 inhabitants, Vestmannayjabær.
- Tour Heimaey Island by bus and come up close to the volcanoes that have formed it
- Spot the varied wildlife on land and sea
- Stand in the windiest place in the world
- Visit the farmhouse ruins of the first settler on Westman Islands
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 9 - 14 pay a reduced rate
- Children from the age of 0 - 8 are free of charge
- This tour operates from May to September
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Please consider that all trips are depending on weather conditions and wildlife sighting cannot be guaranteed.
- Passengers must arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled bus departure at the Viking Tours office at Tangagata 7