Westman Islands Heimaey Circle Boat Tour
Sitting on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, the 15 islands of the Vestmannaeyjar archipelago, or the Westman Islands in English, have been formed by 12,000 years of volcanic eruptions, and are quite young in geological terms.
Launching from the historic harbour where 5,300 people fled from the Eldfell volcanic eruption in 1973, the boat tour takes you through the waters surrounding the inhabited island of Heimaey, and some of the other unique islands that make up the Westman Islands.
Along the way, you will see the many birds that call the jagged sea cliffs home, spectacularly colourful ocean caves, as well as the jaw-dropping natural rock formation known as Elephant Rock.
Whales and seabirds are a common sighting, although not guaranteed, and passengers will experience the fantastic acoustics of the Cliff Cave with live music.
Certainly, a one of a kind experience not to be missed.
- The opportunity to tour the coastlines of the Westman Islands by boat
- Explore the deep caves and jagged cliffs along the way
- Spot the varied wildlife on land and at sea
- Visit the incredible rock formation known as Elephant Rock
- Witness the impressive acoustics inside a sea cave with live music
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 9 -14 pay a reduced rate
- Children from the age of 0 - 8 are free of charge
- This tour operates from May to September
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Please consider that all trips are depending on weather conditions and wildlife sighting cannot be guaranteed. Sometimes it is not possible to circumnavigate, but we guaranty that you will experience of seeing the bird cliffs from as many different views as possible.
- Passengers must arrive 15 minutes prior to departure at the Viking Tours office at Tangagata 7