Viking Horse Riding & Golden Circle Tour
This horseback riding tour will work well for the traveller on a tight schedule, wishing to see Icelandic horses. Within the space of one day, you can ride out to an idyllic landscape just outside the capital, on an Icelandic Horse.
After lunch, the tour heads off to the Icelandic Parliament site, the glacial waterfall at Gulfoss, and the hot sprouting geysers at Geysir and Strokkur.
The Icelandic horse is a breed that has remained virtually unchanged since the Vikings brought it to Iceland in the 9th century. With the help of one of our beautiful horses, you can go horseback in the idyllic landscape of Laxnes, just out of Reykjavik city. The riding tour is suitable for all experience levels, from beginner to expert, It is a fantastic way to see the countryside.
After the riding experience, there will be about an hour to relax and grab something to eat before we join our Golden circle tour, which leaves Reykjavik at 13:00. From there, the tour heads to the National Park Þingvellir, with its remarkable geological features. The Icelandic Parliament - Alþingi - was founded on the site in 930 AD, making it the oldest still-functioning parliament in the world.
The tour will also visit the impressive glacial waterfall Gullfoss, the Geysir geothermal area and Strokkur hot spring. On the return journey, you will travel through beautiful agricultural areas before heading back to Reykjavík over the mountain heath Hellisheiði.
- Riding the Icelandic Viking horse
- Experiencing nature from horseback
- The power of Gullfoss waterfall
- Erupting hot spring at Geysir geothermal area
- Nature and history at Þingvellir National Park
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 to 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children under the age of 7 are not permitted on this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops in Reykjavik available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round-trip transportation
- Viking horseback riding tour with professional tour guide
- Any expense of personal nature
- Please include pick up details when making your booking