South Iceland & Black Sand Beach Private Tour
Embark on a journey down the infamous southern coast of Iceland through the country’s lush farmlands, majestic mountains, glaciers and volcanoes, with the interior on one side and vast Atlantic ocean views on the other. Once you have departed the city centre with your personal Iceland Tour Expert, you will notice that the landscape quickly changes and the variety of unique natural phenomenon that you can spot is abundant.
Originating from glacier meltwater from the infamous Eyjafjallajökull glacier, the Seljalandsfoss waterfall is a captivating sight to behold. Luckily, you can take it all in by walking around and behind it along the paths. The staircase and paths around Skógafoss waterfall offer a similar personal experience where you can climb alongside the cascading falls.
Outside of the charming beach town of Vík, you will have the opportunity to admire the mighty ocean waves crashing onto the black sand beach and the tall sea stacks of Reynisdrangar piercing out of the sea, or climb the Reynisdrangar basalt rock formation.
Loaded with interesting facts and captivating tales about your incredible surroundings, your knowledgeable Iceland Tour Expert will fill your imagination and bring the astonishing landmarks to life. The pictures you take on your private tour of South Iceland with Gray Line Iceland will become all the richer with the memories and stories behind them.
- Take the rare opportunity to walk behind the stunning Seljalandsfoss
- Climb up alongside the astonishing Skogafoss to feel it’s raw power
- Admire the striking basalt columns and towering sea stacks as you stroll along the supernatural black sand of Reynisfjara beach
- Visit the quaint beachside town of Vík
- Behold the mighty glaciers and dormant volcanos that have made Iceland world famous
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceComplimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Meals and drinks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Make sure to bring warm clothing to keep yourself comfortable throughout the journey
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1