Secret Lagoon & Northern Lights Hunt
The Secret Lagoon is a natural hot spring and pool located near the village of Flúðir in South Iceland, just off the Golden Circle route. Fed by mineral-rich geothermal water from nearby hot springs at a steady temperature of 38° to 40°, the Secret Lagoon’s pool of water is perfect for bathing and relaxation.
Over the years, the Secret Lagoon, or Gamla Laugin as it was referred to by locals, has been part of the local culture that is keeping alive the unique and authentic Icelandic open-air geothermal bathing experience.
The Secret Lagoon offers neat and clean locker rooms, showers and changing facilities, as well as a small bar and eating area. Boardwalks and footpaths surround the concrete-encased pool enabling guests to explore small hot springs and geothermal features in the immediate area.
After bathing in the Secret Lagoon, the tour continues to Restaurant Grund for a delicious light buffet where you can enjoy sampling variety of Icelandic cuisine.
Heading back to Reykjavik, the exciting hunt for the elusive Northern lights begins. Your guide and driver will scout and select viewing spots to give you the best chances of experiencing the amazing display of auroras.
This is a truly enjoyable tour, combining some of the best experiences Iceland has to offer; the awe-inspiring Northern lights and a warm, relaxing open-air bath.
- Taking a dip into an Icelandic open-air geothermal bath
- Sample delicious Icelandic food in a light buffet
- Seeing the Northern lights dancing across the sky
- Learning about science and of Northern lights
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 to 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops in Reykjavik available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Buffet-style dinner at Restaurant Grund in Fluðir village
- Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon - no one can guarantee sightings. A complimentary return tour is NOT available for this tour if no Northern Lights are seen.
- Please bring a towel and bathing suit with you on this tour.