Reykjavik to Westman Islands Transfer
In geological terms, the Westman Islands, or Vestmannaeyjar in Icelandic, are quite young. Formed by volcanic eruptions over the past 12,000 years, only one of the 15 islands that make up the archipelago are inhabited.
With bird inhabited sea cliffs, dormant volcanoes and superb restaurants, the main island of Heimaey is a unique place to visit with a wide array of activities to choose from.
A trip to the Westman Islands
The journey on the Gray Line coach begins in Reykjavík and takes us along the southern coast of Iceland.
The Herjólfur ferry awaits you at Landeyjahöfn harbour where you will embark on a 45-minute voyage across the sea to the island of Heimaey.
Once arrived on the island, there are many ways to make the most out of your day.
- A picturesque voyage across the South Coast lowlands
- Spectacular views from the ferry of the Westman Islands and the southern coast of Iceland
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 12 - 15 pay a reduced rate
- Children from the age of 0 - 11 are free of charge
- This tour operates from May to September
- Pick-up servicePick up from your centrally located accommodation in Reykjavik
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick-up for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Transportation by bus to the Landeyjahöfn harbour from Reykjavík
- One-way passage on the ferry
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Pick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
- Please present your electronic travel voucher/ticket at the time of tour departure.