Northern Lights Mystery Private Tour
Take a journey away from the bright city lights of Reykjavik and into the darkness of the countryside in hopes of seeing the magical dance of the northern lights on a private tour.
As one of the best places to view the northern lights in the world, there are many options within a short distance of the city and your Iceland Tour Expert will know exactly where to go after studying the conditions all day.
A memorable sight to see
When the skies are clear, and the forecast is just right, the dazzling shades of greens, purples and pinks of the aurora borealis that dance through the darkness are a mesmerising spectacle to behold.
Otherwise known as the aurora borealis, the northern lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore sighting is not guaranteed.
Taking place from late-August to April, mother nature's glorious show is best viewed with our expert guides who have spent years studying the skies and the optimal locations to ensure the best view possible.
- Drive to an ideal location in the Icelandic countryside for prime viewing with a northern lights expert
- Witness the magical northern lights
- Learn about the science and myths behind the extraordinary natural phenomenon
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 to 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- 24th and 31st December are not available to book
- A minimum of 2 people are required to book this tour
- This tour operates from August to April
- Pick-up servicePick up from your centrally located accommodation in Reykjavik
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 16 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Please present your electronic travel voucher/ticket at the time of tour departure.
- A complimentary return tour is NOT available for this tour if no Northern Lights are seen.
- A decision is taken daily at 5 pm whether the tour will take place or not, depending on Northern Lights forecast.
- This is a family friendly tour