Northern Lights Mystery
Join us on a dark winter night to experience the captivating Northern Lights and their ghostly dance in across night sky. We have over 25 years of experience in operating Northern Lights tours in Iceland which have taught us a thing or two about where and when the best viewing conditions will occur.
This Northern Lights Tour takes you out of Reykjavik the city lights in hope of seeing the Northern Lights.
Aurora Borealis, another name for the Northern Lights, is a natural phenomenon and therefore sighting is not guaranteed. We will drive you to the countryside, into complete darkness, in hope of seeing the skies glow.
When Northern Lights have been spotted, you will be able to go outside and see the fantastic shapes and colours in the dark sky. You will have plenty of time to take photos and truly enjoy the moment.
Iceland is an ideal place to see the Northern Lights due to our location on the planet. We have operated Northern Lights tours for more than 10 years. Our staff is therefore very experienced and aware of the necessary factors that increase your chance of seeing the Northern Lights.
So if you have the opportunity to see and enjoy something so spectacular, well - we suggest you take it!
- Watching the Northern Lights flashing across the sky in brilliant patterns
- Learning about the science of the Northern Lights
- Engaging and educating guidance
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Tours can be conducted in Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from September 2019. Only choose a 21:00 departure time if you require a tour in this language.
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops in Reykjavik available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Any expense of personal nature
- A decision is taken daily at 5 pm whether the tour will take place or not, depending on the Northern Lights forecast. To confirm whether the tour will take place, please visit book.grayline.is or contact your hotel or our sales office.
- Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon - no one can guarantee sightings.
- Please note that this tour is non-refundable. If you don't see the Northern Lights on the tour, please visit our site at book.grayline.is and choose REBOOK/CHANGE to book another Northern Lights tour free of charge(valid 2 years from departure date of your tour).