Golden Circle Private Tour
The Golden Circle Private Tour takes you on a personalised journey to some of Iceland’s most important sites, through the heart of Iceland’s Southern Region.
Thingvellir - the birthplace of parliament
Thingvellir National Park is a landmark of great geological, historical and cultural significance. The UNESCO designated world heritage site is where Iceland’s parliament, Althingi, was founded in 930 AD and is also where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates slowly drift apart. You will walk the grounds where the nation’s leaders would meet to decide on the laws of the land and where criminals were brought to justice.
Gullfoss - the golden falls
Continuing along an area of breathtaking mountains and valleys, you arrive at the all-powerful Gullfoss waterfall on the Hvíta River. Once there, you can get up close and personal with the two-tiered waterfall by walking along the many paths around the cascading water.
Geysir - the godfather of geysers
Home of the namesake of all geysers “The Great Geysir” hot spring, this area is dotted with bubbling puddles, whistling steam vents, and colourful algae deposits. Although Great Geysir is currently dormant, nearby Strokkur geyser puts on quite the show every few minutes blasting boiling water high up into the air.
Skálholt - precious landmark
After a quick visit to the quaint Faxi waterfall and the fish ladder for salmon to “climb” upstream alongside it, we reach Skálholt cathedral and the archaeological museum. For eight centuries, the historical site was once the epicentre of culture, politics and education in Iceland.
An unforgettable day
The significant landmarks, rich histories and fascinating sagas all come to life with the facts and stories from your knowledgeable Iceland Tour Expert, allowing you to experience Iceland to the fullest.
- Thingvellir National Park—walk among the geological wonders of the fissure zone and in the footsteps of the early settlers where the parliament was founded
- Gullfoss—feel the mist of glacial water as it cascades down one of Iceland’s most famous waterfalls
- Geysir—hear the bubbling of the mud pots, smell the sulfur in the air and watch in awe as Strokkur geyser blasts boiling water into the air
- Faxi waterfall—visit the charming waterfall and the specially built salmon ladder
- Skálholt—discover the historical site that shaped the spiritual, political and cultural landscape of Iceland
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 passengers are required to book this tour
- This tour is available all year round
- Pick-up servicePick up from your centrally located accommodation in Reykjavik.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 16 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Please present your electronic travel voucher/ticket at the time of tour departure.
- Restrooms and food and beverage available for purchase at most stops
- This is a family friendly tour