Golden Circle Classic Tour
It’s a classic for a good reason. Combining history, culture and extraordinary nature, the Golden Circle Classic Tour makes for an unforgettable day!
Lasting 6-7 hours, the Golden Circle Classic Tour takes you on a wondrous circular journey through the heart of Iceland’s Southern Region, stopping at some of Iceland’s most iconic sites.
Þingvellir National Park is an attraction of great historical, geological and cultural significance. Located in a rift valley where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet, the UNESCO designated world heritage site is also the birthplace of the Althing—Iceland’s parliament founded in 930 AD—where the nation’s most powerful leaders would meet to decide on legislation and carry out brutal Viking-age justice.
The tour continues across an area of picturesque scenery to the mighty Gullfoss waterfall. Once there, you can take several paths around the two tiers of cascading water to explore several vantage points. Extra time is allotted at this location for a lunch break at Gullfoss Café.
Home of “The Great Geysir” hot spring, which all geysers are named after, this area is an impressive collage of bubbling mud pools, hissing steam vents, and colourful algae deposits. Strokkur geyser puts on quite the show every few minutes blasting boiling water high up into the air.
While any one of these stops makes incredible fodder for your Instagram feed, they also all have rich histories and fascinating tales, each told with their nuances by our knowledgeable guides. It’s not just facts and figures that bring these places to life, but the compelling stories our guides have collected over time.
- Thingvellir National Park—walk among the geological wonders of the fissure zone and in the footsteps of the early Viking settlers where the Althingi parliament was founded
- Gullfoss—feel the mist of glacial water as it cascades down one of Iceland’s most famous waterfalls
- Geysir—hear the bubbling of the mud pots, smell the sulfur in the air and watch in awe as the geyser Strokkur blasts boiling water into the air
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 to 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops in Reykjavik available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Any expense of personal nature
- This Golden Circle tour is by default guided in English. Please see above for tours in different languages and the day they are conducted. Please include in your booking which language you will need.