Game of Thrones Tour
If you’re a game of thrones fan in Iceland, you’ll not want to miss a visit to some of the show’s most notorious filming locations. Since season 2, Icelandic landscapes and natural features have become hallmarks of the show’s breathtaking backdrops, including waterfalls, rift valleys, medieval villages and most scenes north of the wall.
This tour takes you to some of the filming locations in Iceland where you’ll get to experience Icelandic nature just like the cast members: take in the majestic, sweeping views, watch dancing waterfalls, capture the panoramas in the distance, and experience the stillness and solitude.
Iceland didn’t make its debut in “game of thrones” until season two, but since then it has become a favourite on the show. After a visit to Gullfoss waterfall, the producers of the show knew that Iceland's diverse landscape would be the perfect backdrop for some of the show’s fiercest and most dramatic scenes like dragon the dragon hunting for goats, the Hound and Brienne of Tarth fighting for Arya stark (only visited during summer season) and when the wildlings and Thenns attack Olly's village.
We’ll also visit the bloody gate, which is the narrow passageway to the eyrie taken by Lord Baelish (little finger) and Sansa Stark and later by the Hound and Arya. The scenes at the bloody gate were filmed at þingvellir national park, a UNESCO world heritage site where the age-old Icelandic parliament, the Althing, was established.
Various other scenes were filmed in the area such as the wildlings roaming south of the wall, the Thenns and wildlings meeting in the canyon where Styr is introduced and Arya running off to find a ship to Braavos after leaving the hound.
We’ll also walk around the settlement-era lodge in þjórsárdalur valley where elaborate scenes were shot, including a certain hair-raising massacre of a village.
It’s a real kick for fans of the show to inhabit the world of game of thrones, but even those who’ve never seen the show will be able to enjoy the striking scenery on this outing. Winter is coming, so don’t miss out on this excursion before the white-walker apocalypse wipes us out!
- A great adventure for GoT fans, newbies and nature lovers alike
- Much like the show, this tour is not appropriate for children
- Venture further inland than many other tours
- Pass through the Bloody Gate at Þingvellir National Park
- Follow the paths of Sansa and Arya Stark on their separate journeys
- Relive the Wildlings’ invasion south of the Wall
- GoT guru guides with behind-the-scenes stories
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops in Reykjavik available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- CONTENT WARNING: Tour includes content that may be inappropriate for children and young people.