Delicious West Coast Private Tour
Some would say that the best way to familiarise yourself with a new country is by sampling the local food and beverages and we couldn’t agree more. This private tour offers you the chance to try some of the finest and freshest fares from the Icelandic countryside.
The tasty journey begins at Háafell goat farm, where you’ll try Iceland’s delicious goat cheese and learn about the Icelandic goat—the purest old breed of goats in Europe. Although it is hard to drive away from the sweet little goats that you befriend at the farm, a light lunch awaits you at Húsafell Bistro Restaurant.
Take in the local landscape
To allow time to digest, we stop at the local natural wonder a Hraunfossar—a series of waterfalls formed by rivulets streaming out of a lava field. Once you’ve finished exploring the picturesque waterfalls, Steðji micro-brewery is ready to welcome you with a rousing beer-tasting session made with some of the freshest spring water in the world.
Farm to table food
Organic and family-run farm Bjarteyjarsandur is our final delicious stop where you will sample some of the finest local food in the country. Focusing on high-quality products and environmentally sustainable practices Bjarteyjarsandur’s farm to table menu consists of dishes that feature the fresh harvest as well as products from the surrounding area.
- Taste the rich and creamy cheese at Háafell goat farm while making little furry friends
- Enjoy a delightful lunch at Húsafell Bistro Restaurant
- Explore the unique Hraunfossar waterfalls
- Sample distinctive craft beers at Steðji micro-brewery
- Experience high-quality farm to table fare at Bjarteyjarsandur organic farm
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st of December and 1st January are not available to book
- A minimum of 2 people are required to book this tour
- This tour is available all year round
- Pick-up servicePick up from your centrally located accommodation in Reykjavik
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Lunch at Húsafell Bistro Restaurant
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Please present your electronic travel voucher/ticket at the time of tour departure.
- Alcoholic beverages are only served to those who have reached the legal drinking age, which, in Iceland, is 20 years old.
- Make sure to bring warm clothing to keep yourself comfortable throughout the journey
- This is a family friendly tour