Bonfire on New Year’s Eve in Reykjavik
Aboard the tour where a knowledgeable guide will find an enjoyable bonfire in Reykjavik for you to experience New Years in Iceland the local way.
Bid farewell to the old and welcome the new with open arms around a traditional Icelandic bonfire. Along with the good people of Reykjavik and enjoy the warmth and merriment around the fire.
Young and old gather here to reflect on the year that is ending and the one that has yet to begin and if the old stories are to believed, help light the way for the elves and fairy folk said to be on the move in the dark night of New Year’s Eve.
The revellers are known to burst into spontaneous song and dance as the high spirits of festive evening ripple through the crowd.
It’s the perfect way to light up the night and celebrate with the whole family.
- Partake in this age-old Nordic tradition at New Year’s
- Warm your body and soul around a tremendous bonfire
- Sing, dance and celebrate with the locals
- Reflect on the old and welcome the new year in the warmth of the fire and good company
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from the age of 12 - 17 pay a reduced rate
- Children from the age of 0 - 11 are free of charge
- This tour only operates on the 31st December for New Year's Eve
- Pick-up servicePick up from your centrally located accommodation in Reykjavik
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- Returning from your tour you''ll be dropped off at the pickup point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher. Check in at Gray Line Bus Terminal is 15 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
- Warm clothes are recommended
- To help ensuring the quickest possible collection we kindly ask you to stand by for pick up in front of your hotel or guest house when pick up starts. Boarding the pick-up coach please present a printed copy of your electronic voucher / ticket to the driver.