ATV & Northern Lights Tour
Experience the thrill of riding an all-terrain-vehicle (ATV) up to the top of Mt. Hafrafell and enjoy a spectacular view over Reykjavik before embarking on an exciting hunt for the Northern Lights.
Imagine riding an all-terrain-vehicle up a mountainside, breathless with excitement, adrenaline and the spectacular view. Combine that with an exciting hunt for the mesmerizing Northern Lights and some serious solar particle-gazing and you are in for an unforgettable experience.
The ATV adventure begins soon after sunset when the land is swathed in darkness and excitement fills the air. Our trusted partners ‘Safari Quads’ take care of part one, ensuring that participants are properly instructed at Base camp for an experience that is as safe as it is fun.
After getting to grips with the ATV vehicles, the ATV convoy heads out on the trails for a full hour of fun and excitement. Riding across the beautiful and rugged Icelandic landscape, the course is set for the summit of Mt. Hafrafjall where the group will enjoy the views over Reykjavik before embarking on an exciting Northern Lights tour...
Next stop is the Gray Line Bus Terminal, where the Northern Lights tour bus is boarded and the hunt for the Aurora begins. Leaving the light pollution of Reykjavik, city, our expert Northern Lights tour guides lead the way to "secret" viewing spots where you can watch the magical Northern Lights weaving their way across the night skies.
As operators of Northern Lights tours in Iceland for more than 10 years, Gray Line Iceland knows a thing or two about this elusive and startling beautiful phenomenon. We are experts in deciding when and where to go in order to maximise the chances of finding and viewing the Aurora.
It’s not a short tour – pick-up for the quad-bike safari commence at 17:00 and the hunt for the Aurora can often last until midnight – but the memories are guaranteed to last even longer.
- Riding an ATV to the top of Mt. Hafrafell
- Panorama views over Reykjavik city
- Awesome display of Northern Lights
- Rugged Icelandic winter landscape
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Price is based on two persons sharing an ATV. Surcharge applies for solo riders.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops in Reykjavik available.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels, guesthouses and bus stops
- Round trip transportation
- Quad-biking gear
- Hot drink at base camp
- Professional tour guides on the Quad’s
- If you don’t see the Aurora on this Northern Lights tour just contact us at email@example.com and ask one of our agents to book you another Northern Lights tour, free of charge...
- A valid driver’s license is required to operate an ATV