Skip-the-line Audio Guided Tour of the Palace of Versailles
A UNESCO World Heritage site, the Palace of Versailles was the residence of the Kings of France Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI from 1682 until the French Revolution in 1789. Your audio guide commentary gives you the perfect opportunity to visit the majestic Palace of Versailles at your own pace. Admire its Baroque architecture, sumptuous decoration, works of art, and the furniture created by some of history's greatest artisans. After your tour, enjoy a stroll through the palace's gardens.
Stretching for more than 721,000 square feet, the Palace of Versailles consists of over 700 rooms. Your audio guide will help you find your way during your visit, tell you about the history of the palace, and immerse you in its special atmosphere.
Visit the palace's most beautiful rooms: the King's Grand Apartment, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god (Apollo, Mars, Mercy, Venus, etc.), and the Queen's Grand Apartment, laid out in a mirror image of those of the king, including the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Queen Marie Antoinette.
Spend time marvelling at the spectacular Hall of Mirrors, a unique room in which guests were received and impressed, designed by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Almost 240 feet long, it was designed to astonish the Sun King's (Louis XIV) visitors and is lit by 17 windows and 350 mirrors. It also offers breathtaking views of the palace's beautiful gardens.
In 1661, Louis XIV commissioned the gardener André Le Nôtre to lay out the grounds and gardens, something that was just as important as the construction of the palace itself as far as the king was concerned.
Spend time exploring the Palace of Versailles gardens and admire the many artworks they contain (more than 200 statues), fountains, ponds, flower beds and woodland. During the Summer months, a range of activities are organized, such as the "Grandes Eaux,” when the many fountains are made to dance to music.
- Enjoy a half-day excursion to the Palace of Versailles from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Ticket for the Hall of Mirrors and the Royal Apartments
- Self-guided tour with an audio guide to tell you about the history of the palace
- Explore the gardens designed by André Le Nôtre at your own pace
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Not available on Mondays
- The Queen’s State Apartment is currently closed for renovation works
- Tuesday mornings are not recommended due to the high number of visitors.
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Instant Confirmation
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Ticket for the Palace of Versailles and its gardens (except on certain dates for the gardens)
- Palace of Versailles audio guide rental
- Transfers to and from your Paris accommodation
- Admission to the gardens on certain dates
- We strongly advise against high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Strollers are not permitted inside the palace.
- Access to the palace is challenging for those with reduced mobility.
- Photography without flash is permitted inside the palace.