Skip the Line Guided Tour to the Paris Catacombs with off Limits Access
Did you know that a parallel world exists deep beneath the heart of Paris? We’re not talking about the metro tunnels crisscrossing below, or the intricate networks of the sewer system. No, we’re talking skeletons—6 million of them to be exact!
The Catacombs encapsulate all that is mysterious and beguiling about Paris, offering a unique underground adventure unmatched by any other city. But our excursion is so much more than bones—in fact, some of the city’s deepest darkest secrets lay within those limestone tunnels. We offer rare VIP access so you’ll see more unexpected objects and thought-provoking curiosities than the normal visitor. This is a chance to explore underground Paris to the fullest.
A trip through the Catacombs is a journey through time that revisits some of the most turbulent and tumultuous periods in Paris history. Where did the bones come from? Why were they put there? And more importantly—who arranged them in such a bizarre way? You’ll discover the stories and secrets of this network of tunnels that extend some 20m beneath the hustle and bustle of modern Paris. To sweeten the deal we’ve also arranged skip-the-line access so you can avoid what is typically several hours of standing in line.
Don’t wander aimlessly like the others, wondering what you’re looking at. A Localers tour means you get access to dark corners that are closed to the general public. Dig deeper with us into a world of darkness that resides quietly beneath the City of Light. You’ll never look at Paris the same way again!¨
- Skip the long line and get exclusive access to sections closed to the public
- Descend into a mysterious subterranean world deep beneath Paris
- Discover spooky tales and hidden details that other visitors never see
- Come face to face with the skeletal remains of the city's past
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Not available on Mondays
- Only children 8 years old and more are able to participate on this tour
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Instant Confirmation
- Guided tour of the Catacombs of Paris with a guide
- Skip the line entrance
- Access to special sections that are closed to the public
- The Temperature down in The Catacombs is roughly 14 ° C
- Please be aware there are 130 steps down and 83 steps to go up. The Catacombs are not accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Not recommended for people suffering from cardiac or respiratory insufficiency, sensitive persons and young children.
- No toilets and no cloakroom are available.
- Animals are prohibited.