Private Guided Tour of the Loire Valley Chateaux from Paris With Lunch
This full-day excursion from Paris gives you the chance to discover three of the Loire Valley's most famous châteaux: the sophisticated Château d'Amboise, the charming Château de Chenonceau, built across the River Cher, and the majestic Château de Chambord.
Set off first thing in the morning from your Paris accommodation for a unique day. Take advantage of the minibus journey to relax and listen to the commentary provided by your driver-guide. You will arrive at the Château d'Amboise at around 9:30 am.
The Château d’Amboise sits on a rocky outcrop surrounded by fortifications. In the late 15th and early 16th Centuries, it was the royal residence during the reigns of Kings Charles VIII and Francis I. Admire its wonderful collection of Gothic and Renaissance furniture, explore the royal apartments, and marvel at the chapel that contains the tomb of Leonardo da Vinci. You will also have the opportunity to stroll through the beautiful gardens overlooking the Loire River itself. After a visit of around one hour, we will move on to the Château de Chenonceau.
Chenonceau, also known as the "Ladies' Castle", was built during the 16th Century and has been home to many well-known aristocratic French women, such as Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medici. In a unique position spanning the River Cher, it now bears witness to a sophisticated and typically French style of living, with elegantly furnished floral rooms, old master paintings, and antique tapestries. Spend around one hour enjoying a self-guided visit through this magnificent château as well as its grounds and ornamental gardens.
Enjoy an included lunch at either the Au Gâteau Breton restaurant (winter) in the village of Chenonceaux or in the Orangerie glasshouse (summer) at the Château de Chenonceau, depending on the time of year.
The menu at "Orangerie" restaurant
Hot goat cheese garden-fresh salad
Chicken breast, vegetables, mushroom sauce
Ice omelette "Chenonceau"
Red or Rosé AOC wine carafe included
Mixed salad or pork pâté
Nuggets of chicken, white fish or minced beef steak served with fries or vegetables
Ice cream or dessert of the day
After lunch, your driver-guide will take you on to the Château de Chambord, the largest of all the Loire Valley châteaux. It was built for King Francis I of France in the 16th Century with the help of none other than the great Leonardo da Vinci.
Take advantage of the opportunity to explore this spectacular château. See its extraordinary double helix staircase and panoramic terrace with a sea of monumental chimneys overlooking the château's grounds. Approximately one and a quarter hour's visiting time.
Return to your Paris accommodation is scheduled for approximately 6:45 pm.
- Priority access and self-guided tours at all attractions
- Lunch included at a restaurant in Chenonceaux
- Spend the day visiting three of the Loire Valley's most famous Renaissance châteaux: Amboise, Chenonceau and Chambord
- Transfers from your accommodation in Paris and travel by luxury air-conditioned minibus with one of our driver-guides
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese
- Duration: 12 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel/apartment in Paris.
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Priority admission to the three châteaux
- Minibus transfers to and from your Paris accommodation
- Services of our driver-guide
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- The menu in the overview is an example of a typical menu and subject to modification.
- The itinerary and schedule shown are subject to change depending on traffic or variations in opening hours at the attractions.