Half Day Audio Guided Tour of Giverny Monet's Gardens from Paris
On this half-day excursion, you can see the Foundation Claude Monet at your own leisure!
The tour leaves from our office near the Louvre, where you’ll be given an audio guide for the visit. After about a 1 hr. 30 min. take a trip through the verdant countryside, you will arrive in Giverny. You will have two hours to tour Monet’s home, his studio and vibrantly coloured gardens.
Claude Monet lived with his family for more than 40 years in this Normand village. Follow in Monet’s footsteps as you visit the house, which includes the “blue sitting room,” his reading room which opens into the “pantry” where he kept tea, oil, spices and eggs. Continue on to the dining room, which houses the private apartments and one of the world’s largest Japanese print collections.
The visit continues with a stroll through the luscious Monet garden, which was the main source of inspiration for this indisputable founding father of impressionism. During this walk, you can listen to audio guide commentary about Monet’s life, works and career. Take in the vibrant flower-lined central path, which is surrounded by roses, nasturtium, and flowerbeds of all kinds, offering a wide spectrum of colour. Cross the Clos-Normand, where you will find flowers from the Far East. Finally, you’ll come upon the magnificent water garden, famous for its water lilies, weeping willows, and the celebrated Japanese bridge spanning the pond.
- See Giverny at your own leisure
- Come discover the life of Claude Monet through audio guide commentary
- Contemplate the flamboyant garden at Giverny, a source of inspiration for Monet’s impressionist works
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Available daily April - October
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Instant Confirmation
- Round trip transport in an air-conditioned coach
- Entry Pass for Giverny
- Audio guide available in 10 languages: French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Chinese, Japenese, Russian, Korean
- The tour includes Services of an accompanist
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
- Guided visit
- Audio guides may not be used inside the Monet House and in the studio, as the rooms are very narrow.
- Audio guides should be picked up at our office before departure.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1