Guided Tour of Notre Dame Cathedral and Tour of the Crypt
See the evolution of the Ile-de-la-City, the historic heart of Paris, while you visit the archaeological crypt at your leisure!
Experience the heart of Paris with an enthusiastic guided tour of the magnificent Notre Dame Cathedral and the archaeological crypt located under the church square on the Ile-de-la-Cité.
You will be invited to join our PARISCityVISION guide in front of the statue of Charlemagne at Place Jean-Paul II in front of Notre Dame Cathedral. The cathedral with its flamboyant gothic style is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is not to be missed during your visit to Paris. Our guide will begin their remarks by showing you the incredible facade of this religious building. They will point out the bas-reliefs that decorate the three doors, representing religious scenes. Above the main door, a magnificent rose dominates the structure.
Our guide will give you priority access to enter the church quickly and easily. You will then feel the peace that reigns in this cathedral, where silence is required out of respect for the place. Admire the cathedral's unconditional beauty, with the stained glass windows, let the light shine through to illuminate the shadows. You will be impressed by the central nave lined with high stained glass windows that give the aisle a majestic touch. Our guide will lead you through the side aisles where a number of chapels are located. They will explain the history and legends of Notre Dame and show you the key points that contribute to the cathedral's reputation.
At the back of the church, you can peek into the chapel where the relics of the crown of thorns are kept. Above each of the transepts, you can see magnificent roses.
After the guided tour of the cathedral, our guide will take you down into the crypt, fitted out in 1980, where you can explore the 2000 years of history of the Ile-de-la-Cité, the historic heart of Paris. They will give you your tickets and share a bit of information before letting you visit the crypt at your leisure. You will then discover the archaeological vestiges that explain the Ile-de-la-Cité's urban and architectural evolution. You will see the various buildings that were built throughout the centuries on the Ile-de-la-Cité since antiquity until the 20th century: The port of ancient Lutetia, Gallo-Roman public baths, a city wall from the early 4th century.
- An enthusiastic guide will help you discover the history of Notre Dame Cathedral
- The incomparable beauty of the cathedral with magnificent stained glass windows
- The peaceful atmosphere of the most iconic religious building
- Self-guided tour of the crypt to discover the historic core of Paris
- See the evolution of the Ile-de-la-City over nearly 2000 years
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour only runs on Fridays
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Instant Confirmation
- Tour guide services
- Entry into the crypt
- Guided tour of the crypt
- Dress appropriately. Shorts, bare shoulders, short skirts, etc. are not allowed
- The crypt is closed on Monday
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1