Full Day Excursion to Versailles and its Gardens with an Audio guide
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site for 30 years, the Palace of Versailles was once the residence of the Kings of France Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI and their courts, from 1682 until the French Revolution in 1789. Your audio guide commentary will give you the opportunity to visit the magnificent Palace of Versailles at your own pace. Admire its Baroque architecture, artworks, sumptuous decoration, and the furniture created by greatest craftsmen of the age. Enjoy strolling through the palace's grounds and gardens to the Trianon, or explore the pretty town of Versailles beyond the palace's walls.
The Palace of Versailles stretches for more than 721,000 square feet and boasts more than 700 rooms. Your audio guide will help you find your way during your visit, tell you about the history of the palace, and immerse you in its unique atmosphere. Your ticket will give you access to the palace's most famous rooms, including the King's Grand Apartment, with seven salons each dedicated to a different god (Apollo, Mars, Mercy, Venus, etc.) and the Queen's Grand Apartment, laid out in a mirror image of those of the king, including the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Marie Antoinette, among others.
Also see the stunning Hall of Mirrors, a huge room in which guests were received and impressed, dreamt up by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Almost 240 feet long, it was designed to amaze the Sun King's (Louis XIV) visitors and is lit by 17 windows and 350 mirrors. It also offers breathtaking views of the palace's beautiful gardens.
During this full day tour of Versailles, spend time discovering the gardens of Versailles and admire their artworks (more than 200 statues), fountains, ponds, flower beds and woodland. In Summer, a range of activities is staged in the gardens, such as the "Grandes Eaux," when the fountains are made to dance to music.
- Enjoy a full day excursion to the Palace of Versailles from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Ticket for the Royal Apartments and the Hall of Mirrors, and the Gardens
- Self-guided tour with an audio guide to tell you about the history of the palace
- Free time to explore the gardens landscaped by André Le Nôtre
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Does not operate on December the 25th
- Not available on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays
- Strollers are not allowed inside the palace
- The Queen’s State Apartment is currently closed for renovation works
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Disability ServicesAccess to the palace is difficult for those with reduced mobility.
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Instant Confirmation
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Versailles Palace Tickets for the Palace of Versailles and its gardens, the Trianons, and the Domain of Marie-Antoinette
- A Palace of Versailles audio guide
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
- High-heeled shoes are not recommended (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Photography without flash is permitted inside the palace.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1