Audio Guided Tour of the Loire Valley Chateaux and Wine Tasting from Paris
Immerse yourself into an enchanting universe that offers the majestic Loire Valley Castles!
Come to spend an exceptional day in the heart of France’s Loire Valley. You’ll visit the Château de Chenonceau and the Château de Chambord, two of the Loire Valley’s most illustrious chateaux, with our tour guide. This trip deep into France’s history will be completed by a wine tasting at Chambord.
After exchanging your voucher with one of our agents at the departure point situated near the Louvre, you will climb aboard a comfortable, air-conditioned bus, which will depart at 7:15 a.m. You’ll first head to the Château de Chambord, passing by magnificent landscapes, which are characteristic of the Loire Valley. Gaze out at fields as far as the eye can see as the Loire river rolls by, making for a peaceful journey. During the trip, our guide will give you some information about the sites you see.
Upon arrival at the Château, you will be astonished by the majesty of the edifice. The Château’s imposing architecture makes it the largest of all Loire châteaux. The bus parking lot is a few feet from the Château’s entrance, so you can take in the distinctive atmosphere around it. Then, you’ll quickly gain priority access. Our guide will bring you through several of the château’s rooms before you take the celebrated double helix staircase up to the large panoramic terrace. You’ll have a superb view of the park as you listen to commentary from our guide about the history of the château, which was built under the reign of Francis I with participation from Leonardo Da Vinci in the 16th century.
Following this visit, our guide will accompany you to a wine tasting area within the château, where you can enjoy a wine tasting. The 45-minute tasting organized by La Maison des Vins will let you taste the famous Loire wines Cour-Cheverny and AOC Cheverny, alongside four pieces of toast with local food products.
You will then have one free hour to have lunch near the château. Our guide will tell you about several places you can eat.
You will then be invited to meet the guide directly at the bus parking lot, to head off to Chenonceau. After just over one hour of travel, the bus will pull into the Château de Chenonceau. You will head up a magnificent alley lined with trees, offering an incredible view of the château. Our guide can offer you a presentation of this sumptuous royal residence nicknamed “the château of ladies,” since it was maintained and added to by several female characters over the years. The outside of the building seems to be exiting the water, which gives the château a mystical dimension.
You’ll enjoy a one-hour guided tour in the Château de Chenonceau during which you will see furnished and florid rooms, and period tapestries and paintings. Our guide will tell you many stories and anecdotes about the château and the importance of female presence, which speaks to the French art de Vivre. You will then have about 30 minutes of free time to visit on your own.
The coach will leave Chenonceau at 6:15 p.m. to arrive at our agency in Paris around 8 p.m.
- Lose yourself into the Royal History of France in the Loire Valley
- Enjoy audio-guided commentaries while visiting two castles on your own pace
- Discover the majestic Chateau de Chambord that will dazzle you
- Visit the romantic and refined Chateau de Chenonceau
- Savour the wines of the Loire Valley while enjoying a famous wines tasting
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 12 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour operates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 6 calendar days before departure (Central European Time) Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 5 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 3 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Instant Confirmation
- Round trip transport out of Paris in an air-conditioned coach
- Services of our guide
- Entrance to the Châteaux of the Loire Valley, depending on the program
- Wine tasting, depending on the program
- Pick up from/to your place of residence in Paris depending on the tour selected
- Personal expenses
- You will receive your confirmation and your tour voucher in 2 separate emails.
- Lunch is not included in summer (from April 1 to October 31) but included in winter (November - March)
- On Saturdays and Mondays, this itinerary changes: - The Château de Chambord is replaced by the château d’Amboise. - Lunch will take place at Amboise instead of Chambord - For wine tastings, the Chambord wine tasting area is replaced by the Cave des Dômes wine cellar in Chenonceau, without pieces of toast