Audio Guided Tour of Giverny Monet's Gardens and the Palace of Versailles, Lunch Included
Experience two quintessential sites from the Paris area, from both the impressionist and baroque eras: Giverny and the Palace of Versailles
Take your seat aboard an air-conditioned tour bus departing at 8:15 a.m. from our office located in the centre of Paris. You’ll be driven to the Foundation Claude Monet, where you can visit the garden at Giverny and Monet’s home at your own leisure. See Giverny at your own pace, starting with Monet’s home. There, you will learn about the life of the artist, who lived there until his death at the age of 43. You can appreciate the reading room, also called the “blue room,” the sunflower-yellow dining room adorned with Japanese prints and the private apartments.
Continue your visit to Monet’s studio, today a gift shop where you can find a variety of souvenirs. Next, turn on your audio guide for commentary as you visit Monet’s garden. Amble through flower-lined paths that inspired the artist’s impressionist paintings. Revel in the lavish, multicoloured flower beds. Step into the Clos-Normand, home to many Far Eastern plants and vegetation. Cross the water garden by the Japanese bridge. Peer over the edge to see its famous water lilies, found in the celebrated painting of the same name. Take your time as you experience Monet’s universe in an exotic, ethereal atmosphere.
Next, climb aboard your bus. It will take you to the Moulin de Fourges restaurant 10 minutes from Giverny, where you will be served a lunch that includes traditional Normand fare.
Abondance de lentilles et haddock fumé, salade
Moelleux de volaille, pomme purée
Tarte aux Pommes Maison, crème fraîche
1/4 bottle of red wine (white wine on request)
Tarte de légumes de saison et bouquet de salade frisée
Farandole cuite et crue de légumes du moment
Tarte aux Pommes (crème glacée ou crème)
* Example of the menu, subject to modification
* The menu is not available in English
After the meal, it’s off to the Palace of Versailles. Priority access lets you get the most out of your Versailles visit. Your audio guide will point you in the right direction as you discover the King’s chambers. You will enter seven rooms, each decorated in the style of a God. Next, enter the magnificent Hall of Mirrors, where guests were invited during celebrations. The hall overlooks Versailles gardens. Admire the emblem of the Sun King, Louis XIV, one of the most ornate symbols to represent 17th-century French art.
If it is not the season for the Musical Fountains Show and Musical Gardens, you can take time to explore the gardens, where statues, sculptures, fountains, flowerbeds, coppices and reflecting pools are all aligned. Under Louis XIV, André Le Nôtre designed the Palace’s gardens, endowing them with unique, grandiose proportions.
You will depart Versailles around 5:00 p.m., reaching our office in Paris at about 5:45 p.m.
- Tour the gardens in Giverny with audio guide commentary
- Learn about the life of Claude Monet, a founding father of Impressionism
- See the Palace of Versailles at your own pace
- Audio guides are available in a variety of languages
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Duration: 10 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Available daily except Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays April - October
- Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Disability ServicesAccess to the palace is challenging for those with reduced mobility.
- Easy CancellationFree cancellation up to 3 calendar days before departure (Central European Time). Beyond that period, the following fees apply: 2 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) 1 calendar day prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
- Instant Confirmation
- Audio guide available in 10 languages: French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Korean
- Entrance ticket to Giverny Claude Monet house and garden
- Skip the line entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles and the gardens (except during Musical Fountains and Gardens)
- Transfers to and from your accommodation
- Guided visit
- Audio guides may not be used inside the Monet House and in the studio, as the rooms are very narrow. Audio guides should be picked up at our office before departure.
- We strongly advise against high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Photography without flash is permitted inside the palace.
- The skip-the-line access is subject to the Versailles Palace procedures: The Vigipirate plan, the security control or an unforeseen crowd can slow down the entrance.