Full Day Private Guided Tour to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan
Depart Aswan to journey 280 kilometres to the stunning rock-carved temples of Abu Simbel. Relocated to the west banks of Lake Nasser, the temple complex is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the "Nubian Monuments."
On arrival, take a short walk to the temple entrance, where your Egyptologist guide will explain the history of the site. Hear details of the UNESCO-led relocation of the entire cliff face to higher ground, and how the temples were only discovered by accident in 1813.
Due to a large number of visitors, guides are not permitted inside the Great Temple of Ramses II or the smaller Temple of Hathor. However, by using photos and illustrations your guide will explain the structures and their interior artworks before giving you some free time to enter the temples and explore at leisure.
As one of the few Ancient Egyptian sites that largely escaped damage from past invaders, the interiors of the Abu Simbel temples are astounding. The scale of the buildings and their detailed decorations leave most visitors in awe. The experience is further enhanced by the scenic location on the edge of Lake Nasser in the orange sands of the desert.
After visiting the temples, benefit from some time for a short visit to the small visitor's centre to see documents relating to the UNESCO relocation project (time permitting) before the drive back to Aswan Hotel or Nile Cruise.
- See the stunning rocks temples of Abu Simbel on the banks of Lake Nasser
- Marvel the most amazing scenes inside the temples
- Explore the best temples ever for King Ramses and his wife Nefertari
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Arabic, Spanish
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Arabic, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick up will be at your accommodation in Aswan. Please provide your hotel/apartment details when making your booking.
- Disability ServicesAssistance available.
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Service , Taxes , Fuel Surcharge , Parking and landing fees
- Bottle of water for each participant
- Qualified tour guide ( Choose your own language )
- All the transfers and tours in modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up at the reception of your Hotel in Aswan
- Tipping ( Not obligatory )
- Entrance fees to the temple
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Please send a photocopy of your passport to issue the tour permission
- Please include your accommodation address when making your booking.
- This tour is completely private. We have many starting times to suit your needs.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1