Half Day Trip to the Backyard of Dubrovnik
This excursion is offered to provide visitors, staying in Dubrovnik and other tourist places around, to dive into the green area of Konavle that is hiding a turbulent but magnificent history that still can be felt on some places.
The first stop, after picking you up from your hotels, will be on a great viewpoint above Konavle and its centre Cavtat – a unique viewpoint that cannot be described with words.
The second stop will be under a fort that was built on a cliff 25 meters high from the Illyrians and Romans. It is called Sokol Kula what means falcon fort as from here you have a view far out over the Konavle area, almost like a falcon has.
Built as a protection fortification and renovated during the last years, today you have the possibility to enter this fort, visit the old store- and guard houses inside of it.
For sure, besides the great panoramic views, you will also feel the spirit of this ancient place while listening and learning about its history and purpose.
The last stop is also about the history and lifetime of Konavle but closer to the valleys and the river Ljuta that still flows through the fields. Just close to the river, you will get the opportunity to visit a system of water-and stamp mills built about 400 years ago, listen about its history and also see a demonstration of the same as they still work like hundred years ago.
After so much history and the new information you got, and before we make a short walk through Cavtat, refreshment will be organised for you. Enjoy the taste of homemade ham, cheese and of course some local wines and liqueurs.
- Cavtat walk in addition
- See a 400 years old Water Mill with demonstration
- Visit Old Fort
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, Croatian
- Duration: 4 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up included from hotels and accommodations from Dubrovnik to Cavtat
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Insurances, road tolls, vat and taxes
- Comfortable, air conditioned vehicle
- Snack, tasting local wine and liqueurs
- Entrance to the Fort and the Mill
- English speaking driver / guide
- Pick up from hotel / apartment
- Gratuities / Tips
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.