Bay Of Fires Day Tour
Tasmania’s east coast is fast becoming renown around the world for its fluffy pure white sands and crystal clear azure blue waters. Granite rocky outcrops covered with orange lichen jut out into the ocean to separate a large collection of hidden away beaches.
No crowds, just relaxing peaceful locations that offer you a chance to reflect on how wonderful Mother Nature is. This is the Bay Of Fires. On your way to the Bay Of Fires visit Bridestowe Lavender Farm, home of Bobbie Bear, for views of the lavender paddocks. Your tour guide will provide an interactive talk on the lavender, where it comes from, why they grow it, how they process it. Then onto the Myrtle Rainforest Walk on the Welborough Pass for a short walk through moss covered trees and ferns.
Your tour guide will talk about all the different trees found in Tasmania's rainforests, with this walk showcasing Myrtles, Sassafras, Blackwoods and ManFerns. At the Bay Of Fires we call into Binalong Bay for a beach experience on Tasmania's white east coast sand, then Harbour Point to view the granite rocks covered with orange lichens, then a beach walk along the remote Taylor’s Beach.
Fantastic. After your beach experience sample fresh oysters straight from the farm—Lease 65, view fishing boats in St. Helens, before heading south to the St Mary’s Pass where we head inland to pass through the contrasting grazing lands of the Fingal Valley and Northern Midlands.
- Fresh oyster tasting direct from the farm - Lease 65 Oysters
- Cool climate temperate rainforest walk
- Visit the Bridestowe Lavender Farm, home of Bobbie Bear
- Walk along secluded beach away from regular tourist stops
- White granite rocks covered in orange lichens
- Experience fluffy white sand overlooking crystal clear blue water at the Bay of Fires
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Departs Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8.30am, returns 6.30pm
- Pick-up servicePick up at all centrally located hotels in Launceston. Otherwise the Launceston Transit Centre in Cimitiere Street is default location.
- Disability ServicesTour activities can be adjusted for mobility issues, but it is not suitable for wheelchair passengers.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Small water bottle offered in the afternoon (recommend you bring your own to begin with)
- Pick up and drop off to all centrally located hotels in Launceston
- All entry fees for locations listed in the standard itinerary
- Comfortable mini-bus (maximum 10 passengers) with tinted windows and air conditioning for your comfort
- Experienced driver / guide providing extensive commentary on all things Tasmania
- Any expense of personal nature
- Recommend strong sturdy shoes, preferably waterproof. If the region is wet (rain or melted snow), and your shoes are not waterproof, then please bring spare shoes and socks to change into.
- For an inclement day please bring a coat (preferably waterproof) and warm clothes.
- The atmosphere over Tasmania is thin, and UV rays are strong. So for a sunny day please wear a hat and sunscreen.