Kayak with the Dolphins in Majestic Byron Bay Group Tour
Enjoy paddling your sea kayak out through the surf and later ride some of Australia’s most famous Byron Bay waves. Get up close and personal with our friendly bottlenose dolphins and discover how inquisitive they can be. Spot the sea turtles as they come up for a breath of air.
Marvel at the size of the majestic humpback whales as they migrate through Australia’s beautiful Byron Bay. Pull into one of our pristine beaches for morning or afternoon tea which consists of Coffee, tea, Milo, bottled water, and Tim-Tams. This should be more than enough to get you back into the action!
Cape Byron Kayaks is Byron Bay’s original dolphin kayaking experience established in 1995. Our guides are kayakers, surfers, self-proclaimed local historians and excellent watermen and women. They know Byron Bay well and are the best guides in the business and with that in mind, you can relax and be guided around Byron Bay in our two people, sit-on-top-style sea kayaks that are designed for ease of operation and stability.
- We keep you entertained the whole time making your experience a safe and memorable one
- Stop at Wategoes Baech for morning or afternoon tea
- Catch up with our dolphin friends at Wategoes Beach
- Leave from Clarkes Beach and follow the coastline out to the Cape
- Dolphin guarantee - if you don't see a dolphin or whale you can come again for free
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available daily
- Children from the age of 0-3 are free of charge
- Children from 4-12 pay a discounted rate
- Children over 12 pay the full adult rate
- Pick-up servicePick up from your accomodation in Byron Bay.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Full instruction on how to kayak and kayak wave surfing
- Pickup/drop off at accomodation in Byron Bay
- Access to Cape Byron Headland National Park
- Kayak surfing
- Access to tour phots on Cape Byron Kayaks Facebook page
- Morning or afternoon tea
- All safety gear and equipment
- Towel for afterwards
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- We give customers full instruction on kayak wave surfing and allow time for customers to catch waves should they wish to
- National Park access into Wategos or Little Wategos for morning afternoon tea, enabling more of an opportunity to see dolphins
- Long, easy to paddle, stable sit on top kayaks
- Seasonal time changes: In summer, we go early to beat the heat and north winds; and in the winter, we go later to miss the south-west winds which drop off around 10.30 am.
- All guides are local surfers and excellent watermen that share a wealth of local knowledge ensuring customers receive personal attention on the safest AND most fun kayak tour!
- All guides are fully qualified Surf Life Savers trained to the highest industry standard and have a fully qualified sense of humour!
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1